Sunday, January 9, 2011

Wordle!

Ok so Subway Art is ALL the rage right now.
I am proud to admit I was doing this over two years ago! Go me! *wink wink
These were made for my brother-in-law and sister-in-law and their totally sweet little guys! 
I got the frames from the DI and with the first one I painted it a pretty redish copper color. I chose this really pretty piece of paper...it cost $1.00 that double the whole rest of the project! 
Then I went to www.wordle.com and "created" the word cloud. It's so neat! 
For their frame I wanted to do "The Family:A Proclamation to the World". We are LDS (members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints aka Mormons).
So I copied and pasted the whole proclamation. The more the word is used, the big and more prominent the word will be! 
It is seriously so neat! 
You can change the font, the color scheme, even the layout! It's really really neat.
After playing with it for a while I settled on one and sent it to my printer. 
This picture really doesn't show it that well. The words really show up better than that.
Next I tied a little ribbon on it and it was done like that!

This one is for the boys' bedroom. It was done the exact same way. I just added all the words I could think of that reminded me of my cute nephews! 
For the frame I picked this one up for a quarter at the DI. I took scrapbook paper that matched their bedroom and used a little Mod Podge to glue on the sheets and let it dry, Then I used a small sponge brush again to brush on a thin layer of the Mod Podge. After it dried I used a couple little buckles and a little ribbon to add a little something!



1 comment:

  1. I have done some things with wordle. It is so cool. I never even thought about doing something like the proclamation though. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete