Monday, January 10, 2011

$3 Christmas Presents 2009

Since my family likes Dalton just a little, we decided to do a little craft with a picture of him for them. 
I used boards from Hobby Lobby that were $1.50 or less, a picture of Little Man, a little paint, scrapbook paper, matte Mod Podge, a couple clear stickers, and little accessories like buttons, twine, ribbon, hardware...etc. 
First I painted them planks and let the dry. Then I cut the scrapbook paper and roughed the edges a little with the blade of my scissors, adhered it with the Mod Podge. After it was dry I roughed the edges of the pictures and then used a thin layer of the Mod Podge to the back of the picture. Don't do too much or it will bubble. After it was dry I applied a thin layer over the paper and the picture. You'll want to be quick and gentle. The picture can get too wet and start to smear the image. After it was all dry I added all the little touches to it. 

 My uncle and aunt's picture (they are animal lovers)
 My mom and dad's present

My grandma and grandpa's present

No comments:

Post a Comment